Ginger tea: The invigorating drink for every day
- Fresh Ginger - Black tea 100 gram - Café du Jour loose teaCafé du JourAs low as 3,642.80 / kg
- Lemon & Ginger - Green tea 100 grams - Café du Jour loose teaCafé du JourAs low as 445.00 / kg
- Lemon & Ginger - Rooibos tea 100 grams - Café du Jour loose teaCafé du JourAs low as 3,9647.00 / kg
- Fresh Ginger - zwarte thee 40 gram - Café du Jour losse theeCafé du Jour4.934.93 / piece
Ginger tea is not only a delicious drink for a cold snap, but is also surrounded by all sorts of positive stories. Many people claim it is good for your health, and while some of its benefits are not fully scientifically proven, many feel great about it. Plus, it fits perfectly within a balanced diet.
The history of ginger
Ginger, native to Southeast Asia, has a long and rich history. It was exported to Rome early on and became an important product in Europe in the Middle Ages, mainly because of its medicinal properties. It is no wonder then that ginger has found its way into so many cultures and cuisines over the centuries.
Making the perfect ginger tea: A comprehensive step-by-step plan
ingredients: Choose a fresh ginger root that is firm to the touch and smooth. Lemon and honey are optional, but add a delicate flavour nuance.
Preparation: Wash the ginger root well. There is no need to peel the ginger, but if you prefer, you can lightly scrape the peel with a spoon.
- Slice: Slice the ginger into thin slices. The thinner the slices, the more intense the flavour.
- Boil water: Bring water to the boil in a kettle or pan.
- Make tea: Put the ginger slices in a teapot and pour the boiling water over them. Let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the desired strength.
- Add extras: If you like, add a dash of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey.
- Serving: Pour the tea into a cup and enjoy!
The health benefits of bember tea
- Improves digestion: Ginger is known to promote healthy digestion and can help reduce bloating and gas.
- Relieves nausea: From seasickness to morning sickness, ginger tea has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for nausea.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Ginger contains gingerol, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Strengthens the immune system: Drinking ginger tea can help strengthen the immune system, especially during the colder months.
- Low-calorie and hydrating: As a replacement for sugary drinks, ginger tea can help with weight management.
Several variations on traditional ginger tea
In addition to the traditional preparation, there are numerous options:
- Ginger & Mint: For a refreshing taste.
- Ginger & Cinnamon: Ideal during cold winter days for an extra warm feeling.
- Ginger & Turmeric: A powerful combination that benefits your health.
Why Café du Jour is the best choice for your ginger tea
At Café du Jour, we pride ourselves on the quality of our products. Our ginger tea is carefully selected for flavour, aroma and quality. When you choose Café du Jour, you choose an authentic tea experience.
To keep your ginger tea fresh, store it in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight and in an airtight container.
Ginger tea is not only tasty but also rich in health benefits. At Café du Jour, you are assured of the best quality. Try it yourself and experience the many benefits of this wonder root!