Unroasted coffee beans
Unroasted coffee beans
For home roasters and wholesale customers, Café du jour has made the range below available. Café du jour's unroasted coffee beans are carefully selected and stored. The fresh coffee beans can be ordered by private and business customers. Do you need more than 50 kilos of unroasted coffee beans? Then please contact customer service for a customised quote. You can order unroasted beans from 1000 grams onwards. The 1 kilo package of unroasted coffee beans is also a nice gift! Are you looking for a specific unroasted coffee bean or a coffee bean from a specific country and we currently do not have it for sale? Then please contact customer service and tell us which bean you are looking for. Who knows, maybe you will soon have that specific coffee bean in your home after all!
- Uganda Arabica Bugisu AA - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 11,9611.96 / kg
- Guatemala Arabica SHB - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 11,9611.96 / kg
- Ethiopia Arabica Yirgacheffe grade 2 - green coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 13,4613.46 / kg
- India Arabica Monsooned Malabar AA ASPINWALL - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 12,7112.71 / kg
- El Salvador SHG - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 11,2111.21 / kg
- Indonesia Arabica Mandheling grade 1 - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 12,7112.71 / kg
- Ethiopia Lekempti GR4 - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 9,719.71 / kg
- Indonesian Robusta AP 1 screen 16 - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 5,965.96 / kg
- Nicaragua Arabica SHG - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 11,2111.21 / kg
- Peru Arabica HB MCM grade 1 - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 10,4610.46 / kg
- Tanzania Arabica AA Kilimanjaro - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 11,9611.96 / kg
- Colombia Arabica Excelso - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 11,9611.96 / kg
- Brazil Santos NY 2/3 17/18 GC - unroasted coffee beans - 1 kiloCafé du JourAs low as 9,719.71 / kg
- Green Ground CoffeeCafé du JourAs low as 5.9517.95 / kg
Unroasted coffee beans come from a berry
The name coffee bean is actually not quite correct, yet known all over the world. The bean is actually the seed from the berry of a coffee plant, also known as the seed. These berries grow on the coffee bush and when these berries are ripe, they are harvested and then processed. Harvesting is still mainly done by hand, because not all coffee plant berries ripen at the same time. So the plant has to be harvested several times, which is the main reason why this cannot be done mechanically. When the berries are harvested, they need to be processed and this can be done in two different ways, wet and dry. With the dry way of processing coffee, for a week or two the picked berries are spread out on a stone surface to dry in the sun. In the wet way, this process is quite different, in this case one first removes the seed from the berry. The seed (the coffee bean) is then submerged in water for several days. The quality of the wet-processed coffee seed is usually much higher than that of the dry-processed seed. Therefore, the more expensive segment of coffee beans is generally always wet-processed. In the Netherlands, mainly two types of coffee beans are available, Robusta and Arabica. The latter is by far the most sold and consumed.
Why buy unroasted coffee beans?
You can roast unroasted coffee beans yourself to make a delicious fresh cup of coffee. This self-roasting of coffee brings some advantages. When you buy already-roasted coffee from the shop, it has already taken a while to reach the shop shelves. This is because the vast majority of coffee is grown in the southern hemisphere and has already had quite a journey before it reached the shops here. Also, the beans are more susceptible to mould and bacteria when they have already been roasted and this often does not help the quality. These moulds and bacteria give the coffee a sour and bitter taste. This is a real waste of the delicious coffee and is completely unnecessary. The solution is to roast your coffee yourself, which allows you to control the taste and quality of the coffee. Roasting coffee is also relatively easy and gives you the most delicious aromatic coffee you could wish for.
Drinking unroasted coffee
Of course, you don't necessarily have to roast your coffee. You can also enjoy a cup of unroasted coffee. Besides being exceptionally delicious, it is also heart healthy. The taste of unroasted coffee beans is somewhat different from the roasted variety. The taste of unroasted coffee is slightly sweet and a bit stronger than the roasted version. The colour is also a bit different from the roasted version, it is a bit lighter with a dark green glow. The unroasted coffee variety gives you huge energy and is known as a health drink. Many athletes therefore take a cup of green coffee before an active workout for that extra bit of energy. Because the beans are not roasted, they contain more caffeine than the roasted ones, which helps give that extra energy boost. An added benefit is that this unroasted coffee variety also helps you reduce your body weight!
The largest collection of unroasted coffee beans
Café du jour has made available a wonderful range of green coffee beans for home roasters and wholesale consumers alike. A carefully selected collection of fresh coffee selected and stored with the utmost care. The unroasted coffee beans are collected from all over the world, each with its own unique character and flavour. Are you looking for that one specific unroasted coffee bean that we do not have in our range? We will gladly accept the challenge to supply you with that special green coffee bean. Feel free to contact our customer service and who knows, maybe you will soon be able to enjoy your chosen bean.
Advantages of green coffee beans
Unroasted coffee beans are good for your health. Besides being able to roast unroasted coffee beans yourself, you can, for example, grind the unroasted coffee beans and use them in a smoothie or mix them through a bowl of yoghurt. The benefits of unroasted coffee beans are:
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Works to inhibit inflammation.
- Helps with weight loss.
- Are rich in antioxidants.
- Provide vitamin E regeneration.
- Does not contain diterpene and cafestol.
- Contains chlorogenic acid.
- Is good for skin and hair.