Freshly roasted coffee beans daily
Café du Jour fresh coffee beans are the work of two brothers who have made a passion for coffee their job. After years of experience in the Italian hospitality industry, from 2015 they experimented endlessly with coffee beans and espresso machines in search of the perfect cup of coffee. At first with no commercial intentions, but eventually sharing coffee with friends and family became so great that they decided to make this hobby their work.
Café du Jour fresh coffee beans are roasted daily in small batches to be then tasted and judged by the roasting master. Once approved, these freshly roasted beans are checked and filtered for any irregularities, packaged, sealed and labelled with that day's roast date. So with Café du Jour fresh coffee beans, you can always be sure of a fresh bag of roasted coffee: never older than four weeks at the time the coffee arrives at your home. The same goes for tasting fresh bread from the baker: it tastes better than factory bread, doesn't it?
- Café du Jour Espresso MadrugadorChocolate, Nuts Strong (3/4)As low as 5.9514.95 / kg
- Café du jour bestsellers fresh coffee 4 x 1 kiloVarious VariableRegular Price 59.80 Special Price 52.9513.24 / kg
- Café du jour get to know us 4 x 330 gram fresh coffeeVarious Variable26.5020.08 / kg
- Café du jour single origins fresh coffee 7 x 250 gramsVarious Variable39.9522.83 / kg
- Café du Jour Coffee of the monthVarious VariableAs low as 5.9514.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica EthiopiaFruity, Herbs Strong (3/4)As low as 5.9514.95 / kg
- Café du Jour Speciality 100% arabica YirgacheffeFloral, Fruity, Herbs Strong (3/4)As low as 6.9516.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica South-AmericaChocolate, Nuts Medium (2/4)As low as 5.9513.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica BrazilChocolate, Nuts Mild (1/4)As low as 5.9513.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica Dark Roast BrazilChocolate, Nuts Very strong (4/4)As low as 5.9513.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica India Monsooned MalabarHerbs Very strong (4/4)As low as 6.9515.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica El SalvadorFloral, Chocolate Medium (2/4)As low as 6.9515.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica GourmetChocolate, Herbs, Nuts Medium (2/4)As low as 5.9513.95 / kg
- Café du Jour Espresso DecaffeinatoChocolate Very strong (4/4)As low as 5.9514.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica TanzaniaFruity, Herbs Strong (3/4)As low as 6.9515.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica ColombiaChocolate, Fruity Strong (3/4)As low as 5.9514.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica GuatemalaChocolate, Fruity Strong (3/4)As low as 6.9516.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% Speciality arabica Raja GayoChocolate, Herbs Strong (3/4)As low as 6.9516.95 / kg
- Café du Jour Espresso DespertandoFloral, Chocolate, Herbs Medium (2/4)As low as 5.9513.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica NicaraguaFruity, Nuts Medium (2/4)As low as 5.9514.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica PeruFloral, Chocolate Medium (2/4)As low as 5.9514.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica Central-AmericaChocolate, Fruity Strong (3/4)As low as 5.9514.95 / kg
- Coffee beans; making your own blendVarious Variable18.9518.95 / kg
- Café du Jour Espresso Ottima QualitàHerbs, Nuts Very strong (4/4)As low as 5.9513.95 / kg
- Café du Jour - personalised bag with photo label - freshly roasted coffeeChocolate, Nuts Strong (3/4)12.9551.80 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% Arabica Decaf EspressoChocolate Strong (3/4)As low as 7.9517.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica Decaf SpecialChocolate, Fruity, Nuts Medium (2/4)As low as 7.9517.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica Papua New GuineaFruity, Herbs Medium (2/4)As low as 6.9515.95 / kg
- Café du Jour Espresso IntensoChocolate, Herbs, Nuts Very strong (4/4)As low as 5.9513.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica UgandaFloral, Chocolate, Fruity Medium (2/4)As low as 5.9514.95 / kg
- Café du Jour 100% arabica CerradoChocolate, Nuts Medium (2/4)As low as 5.9513.95 / kg
How to make the right choice?
Anyone who has ever had an espresso brewed with fresh beans understands that the experience of it cannot be matched. Some (luxury) brands lie in the warehouse for weeks or months waiting for a buyer. Of course, this is not weird at all and coffee simply has a shelf life of a year. Still, fresh coffee beans will taste best in the weeks after roasting. In principle, fresh coffee beans can be drunk as early as two days after roasting. Because gases escape from the beans after roasting, a week after roasting is the ideal time to grind and use the coffee beans. Café du Jour's coffee beans are very fresh. Roasting is done at lower temperatures, which makes the roasting process slower. In this way, the gentlemen of Café du Jour create a very evenly roasted coffee bean. Depending on which bean and roast the final product should be, the temperature will be between 180 and 220 degrees. The taste experience of the coffee beans coming out of our roastery is sensational. If you order the coffee beans before 15:00 in the afternoon, you can rest assured that your fresh beans will be shipped the same day and will never be older than four weeks.
Fresh coffee beans
We regularly get the question whether the coffee is not too old if the roasting date is already from 3 weeks ago, for example. To briefly answer this question; no, after a few weeks the coffee is at its best! This is because freshly roasted coffee is full of carbon dioxide (CO2). This gas forms during the roasting process and causes the coffee to lack flavour. Depending on the bean and the roast, coffee is at its best after one to four weeks. The beans are stored in special coffee bags immediately after roasting.
Buy freshly roasted coffee beans
We offer a wide range of choices, including popular coffee blends, coffees of different origins, single origin and decaffeinated coffee that you can buy in small packs or in large quantities. You can use special freshly roasted beans of premium quality to make fresh coffee at home or in the office. Besides, your coffee can only taste so good as long as the beans allow it. In short: good fresh strong beans make for good coffee. So high-quality fresh coffee is very important, especially if you need more than one cup of coffee to get through the day. Everything that coffee lovers associate with brewing a good cup, such as the personal flavour and aroma comes from the roasting process, starts with a long journey from well-known coffee producers from different countries. When a raw, green coffee bean is picked, it contains the precursors of those complex flavour profiles that give a typical aroma and taste. Our roasting process creates a flavour explosion with aromas of, for example, chocolate, caramel, flowers or fruit.
The coffee beans are exposed to the extreme heat of a coffee roaster. A green bean's complex composition of minerals - the carbohydrates, amino acids, proteins, lipids, water and caffeine - fuse together in chemical reactions that give way to that nutty and irresistible smell and taste of coffee. It is then properly packaged to reduce exposure to air so that the aromas do not dissipate more quickly. As a result, the coffee bean does not lose its flavour before it reaches you. We make sure we brew our coffee beans as soon as possible after roasting. Let your friends be the envy of those delicious espresso or other brewed coffees of yours!
The degassing process of freshly roasted coffee beans
We are regularly asked whether the roasted coffee beans are not too old when the roasting date is already from 3 weeks ago, for example. To give a short answer to this question is; no, after a few weeks the coffee is at its tastiest. The reason is that (freshly) roasted coffee beans are full of carbon dioxide (CO2). This gas forms during the roasting process and causes the coffee to lack flavour. Depending on the bean and the roast, the coffee is at its best after one to four weeks. The coffee is stored in special coffee bags immediately after roasting. Our coffee bags contain a valve, which ensures that the gas escaping from the bean can also escape from the bag without the aromas dissipating faster. At the same time, this valve ensures that no oxygen can get back into the coffee bag.
Buying and storing fresh coffee beans, what do you pay attention to?
Because freshly roasted beans can easily lose their freshness, storing them properly is important. There are factors to consider when you bring the coffee into your home. Store your precious purchase in a dry place to avoid exposure to moisture. Keep the packaging tightly sealed to shield the coffee from air, for instance in an airtight tin. So our prized coffee bean packaging is equipped with a special valve that can release carbon dioxide without letting air in. This keeps the beans well fresh. However, these are not meant for long-term storage, so it is best not to leave the coffee for too long. For the best preservation of flavours, it is best to store the coffee in a dark, cool place. Our delicious coffees are selected for quality and character. Each batch is hand-roasted and shipped daily throughout the Netherlands. We roast for and deliver your fresh, delicious and special coffee.
Coffee of the best quality
At Café du jour, we produce a fine selection of beans with delicious flavours. To meet the demand of coffee markets, we supply coffee from different parts of the world. You can choose from a varied range, from specially developed coffee blends, premium coffee to single origin, ground coffee or coffee beans and decaffeinated coffees. These products are suitable when making your espresso, cappuccino or filter coffee. They are freshly roasted, packaged and shipped with the highest level of passion. With our years of experience in coffee roasting, you can rest assured that your cup of coffee will always bring a smile, even to those with a morning mood! We recommend buying your coffee in the form of fresh coffee beans and grinding them at home or in the office to enjoy the best coffees. The coffee beans are delivered fresh. For this, it is best that you grind only what you are currently using for coffee making. This way, the grind will not oxidise and the flavour remains unaffected and delicious! Besides, you will always enjoy the coffee you like because you can buy your favourite fresh coffee beans, instead of having a standard mixture of different types of beans in your cup of coffee.